Fairfield, NJ, November 11, 2013 – A&B Ingredients, a leading developer, marketer, and distributor of food ingredients, announced the addition of CytoGuardTM Stat-HA, a powerful natural shelf-life extender, to its line of natural food ingredients. Manufactured from a blend of natural flavors, CytoGuard Stat-HA increases shelf life through microbial suppression.
CytoGuard Stat-HA is a proprietary blend of CytoGuard Stat-NTM — lignin fractions containing actives from carbonyl compounds, organic acids, and residual phenolics — and vinegar. The result is a mild-flavored product for prepared meat products and dressings that can be used in ingredients.
“CytoGuard Stat-HA works as a natural means of extending shelf life,” says Gil Bakal, A&B Ingredients’ Managing Director. “And, it has been tested in a variety of applications including meat, poultry, seafood, dairy and non-dairy items such as dips/dressings, refrigerated salads, as well as vegetable-based food products.”
CytoGuard Stat-HA can take the place of water when incorporated into products. The most typical use level, according to A&B Ingredients, is 2% of the finished product.
“For all-natural products, CytoGuard Stat-HA can improve your shelf-life by 30-50% outperforming many other natural preservatives. It also performs on par with many other artificial preservatives,” said Bakal.
Among the benefits of CytoGuard Stat-HA are:
- Clean label – can be labeled as “Natural Flavors” or “Flavoring”
- Water-soluble liquid with activity over a wide pH range
- GRAS and approved for use in USDA and FDA regulated food products
- Effective against a wide range of bacteria, including yeast and molds
- Allergen and GMO-free – contains no dairy derivatives
- Easily adapts to multiple product formulations